February 23, 2021 / By thadmin2
March 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐬!
This March, Thrive Psychology Clinic is excited to launch our March Holiday Workshops! Meaningfully occupy your children during the holidays with these activities that equip them with the necessary skills to face the stresses in life as they grow up. Currently, we are offering our programs at an Early Bird Price for a limited time only!
Read more about our programs below and click HERE to register today!
- Mindful Explorers
- Budding Communicators
Mindfulness has been shown to have a variety of benefits for our health. Research has shown that mindfulness can help to reduce anxiety and increase happiness. In the long run, children equipped with mindfulness habits and practices can better manage stress and anxiety, and regulate their emotions – in turn enhancing their overall performance in life. It can also help to improve social skills as the attention to others’ well-being increases. This simple practice of bringing a gentle, accepting attitude to the present moment can help children become a better friend, a better student, and a better role model for others.
Mindful Explorers is a 1-day programme specially curated to equip children with the necessary know-hows in order to be mindful and present in the moment. This workshop aims to educate children on the benefits of mindfulness through the use of various breathing and awareness techniques. By endowing participants with mindfulness techniques from a young age, we seek to improve their overall cognitive ability and quality of life in the long run.
- What is Mindfulness?
- Why should we practice Mindfulness?
- When and How can we use Mindfulness? [techniques in mindfulness + practice – to be taught in the next few sections]
- Mindfulness and Stress
- Mindfulness and Negative Emotions (sadness, anxiety etc)
- Mindfulness and Happiness (positive emotions, gratitude etc)
- Understand the importance and benefits of mindfulness
- Understand when mindfulness can be used
- Learn to recognise stress, anxiety and other emotions
- Learn about the relationship between mindfulness and happiness
- Learn different mindfulness techniques to process negative emotions and enhance happiness
- Enhance their awareness of the present moment and bodies.
Date: 15th March 2021 (Mon)
Duration: 3hr, 2-5pm
Target age group: 10-12 years old
Price: $120 (U.P. $180)
Budding Communications seeks to inculcate useful communication skills in children to foster their development into effective communicators and strong leaders of the future. Through this 1-day workshop, children will learn all about what constitutes effective communication and why it is important. Through a series of brief presentations, fun games and interactive discussions, participants will be taught useful verbal and non-verbal skills in order to better convey their emotions and ideas in a variety of situations.
- What is communication?
- What constitutes effective communication?
- Why is effective communication useful and important to us?
- Using effective verbal and non-verbal cues
- Managing emotions for effective communication
- Learn about communication and its importance
- Recognise the different types of communication (verbal & non-verbal)
- Understand how to use and adopt different forms of communication
- Learn to adopt self-control and cope with negative emotions for effective communication in various situations
Date: 20th March 2021 (Sat)
Duration: 2hr, 3-5pm
Target age group: 6-9 years old
Price: $100 (U.P. $160)